OF PERCEPTION TO THE TEST. Get Started
CLICK THE THREE SPOTS ON THE IMAGES THAT LOOK DIFFERENT.
You spotted all the differences and the one similarity: when it comes to impaired driving, alcohol and drugs (legal and illegal) are equal under the law. Didn’t catch that the first time around? Play again.
Challenge your friends to spot the difference!
BEHIND THE WHEEL, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.
DRIVING DRUNK OR HIGH IS DRIVING IMPAIRED.
DOUBLE YOUR RISK.
Impaired driving is impaired driving. Studies suggest that driving while high doubles your chance of being in a collision.
SAME OFFENCE, SAME PENALTY.
Impaired driving charges are the same regardless of the substance causing the impairment, whether they be drugs (legal and illegal) or alcohol.
POLICE WILL SPOT YOU.
Police can detect drug-impaired drivers and some are trained as Drug Recognition Experts (DREs).
SPOT THE FACTS.
There’s a lot of false and inaccurate information online about driving high. Use these resources to learn the facts.
- See what studies suggest about Cannabis Use and Driving
- Learn how police test Drivers for Cannabis Use
- Understand the Penalties of Drug Impaired Driving
- Learn about Drug Recognition Experts and Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- Read about the Consequences of Driving High
- Get the facts about Prescription Drug Impaired Driving
Review the statistics on Drugged Driving and Fatalities
Learn about Marijuana Use and Driving
- Understand the risks of Cannabis Use and Driving
- Marijuana use and driving Factsheet
- Learn about Prescription/OTC Drugs and Impaired Driving